Friday, July 1, 2011

What a week!

"Phew!" as my 2yo would say. The big kids had VBS (Vacation Bible School) this week. They had a ton of fun, but my goodness, I didn't realize how much work there was involved in getting 5 people out the door by 8:30 in the morning everyday! And I wasn't even volunteering this time (next year when my 2yo is 3yo and in the 3yo class...maybe). I have to give kudos to those out there that do this every week during the school year, I just can't imagine. We still start our homeschooling day at 9, but if all I have the energy/time for is pajamas and fuzzy hair, pajamas and fuzzy hair it is. I had so much I wanted to do this week-like get my blog all spiffed up-and I just had no energy to do it after running all morning. Not to mention that it was just nice to sit and chill with the kiddos after they spent a few hours away. Aaaaaaand, my almost 6mo ((sob)) is teething big time this week and just not happy if I put her down (poor sweet baby is asleep in the Baby Ktan right now).

So those are my excuses for not doing anything around the blog here in over a week. I DO very much want to figure out how to get a button to show up...I have to try a new code my friend sent me. And I really want to figure out how to get tabs up at the top of my blog. I found something posted online, but wow, my non-computery self just did not get it. So if anyone has any tips that would be awesome, just don't take offense if I can't figure it out, ok?

Oh, I suppose I should update on the shingles. I had pain in the same spots (on my left shoulder blade and on the left side of my chest about where the nursing clip of my nursing tank hits) for 3 or 4 days and that was that. I took garlic and nothing became of it. So thankful, I really wasn't in the mood for shingles right now! Though a few days later I was WISHING I had shingles because I woke up to my left breast swollen, red, hot, and soooo hurty. I guess I had a mild case of mastitis starting? I have no clue, in almost 8y of straight breastfeeding I've never had anything like that happen before. I have caught my 2yo chewing on his TOEnails ((ew))...I wonder if it's his fault? I've had clogged ducts before, but this didn't feel like it...though on the 2nd or 3rd night of pain, while I was nursing the 2yo, I was massaging also and felt something hard go soft, so maybe there was a clogged duct deep inside that was starting to get infected. At any rate, I'd like to share that I took garlic everyday again for that and I'm pretty sure it knocked the potential infection out.

F is for Friday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Respectful comments are always welcome!