Friday, July 1, 2011

Daily Themes

I want to start doing some daily themes here.  I want to encourage others, and I want to learn from others also!  Feel free to grab a button and link back to me when you participate.


Media Monday
On Mondays, I will be sharing a bit of media-Bible verse, song, television show, movie, cartoon, news article, blog post, anything media-ish that has inspired, convicted, or encouraged me.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.






Transparent Tuesday
On Tuesdays I want to make myself transparent and share something that God has been working on my life, whether it be small (like cleaning my Suburban so I'm not humiliated when I open the door at the grocery store and trash falls out) or big, like submitting to my husband on an issue that needed to be addressed for many years.  You don't have to share this as many of these matters may be very private, but I encourage you to participate privately if you so choose.

Psalm 51:1-4
1)Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion blot out my transgressions.
2)Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
3)For I know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me.
4)Against You, You only, I have sinned
And done what is evil in Your sight,
So that You are justified when You speak
And blameless when You judge.






F is for Friday
Friday is basically a free for all.  I plan on posting about things like Food, Fitness, Family, Fun, Festivities, etc.  It doesn't have to be about "F" things, but look forward to me doing my best to make (ridiculous) links to the letter F.

Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine.






Service Saturday
Saturdays I'd like to talk about ways that we can serve our families (as a whole, or an individual), our communities, and our God.  Or about ways that someone has blessed us!  Please be mindful that this doesn't become an opportunity to boast.  I want this to be us sharing ideas so that others may bless their family/community/God in similar ways.

John 12:26
If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.






10 Thanks
On the 10th of each month, I plan on sharing 10 things I'm thankful for.  Big or little, new or old.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.






20 Questions
On the 20th of each month, I'd like to post those questions we have for God, like "Why did You pick blue for the sky?"...I'm sure the kiddos in many of our lives will inspire many questions.

Habakkuk 3:3(b)
His splendor covers the heavens,
And the earth is full of His praise.



1 comment:

Respectful comments are always welcome!